Established in 2002 Blue Concept Training specialise in the provision of training and services in the management of work-related violence and aggression. Blue Concept Training’s business provides consultancy services, delivered through training direct to clients, training by centres under licence and e-learning.
We are committed to continuing our privacy compliance when handling and processing personal data in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR) and other data protection laws and require all our employees, clients and suppliers to comply. Blue Concept Training has a nominated manager responsible for Data Protection compliance and we make the relevant notifications to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on a voluntary basis.
You have the right to request access to the personal data we hold, have it rectified or erased and to know how long we will hold the information. You have the right to withdraw consent of your personal information for direct marketing.
To make a request or have any queries please email your request or changes to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding. If we are unable to comply with your request, we will notify you. To help us keep your information and preferences of use of your personal data up to date please email admin@conflict-training. org.
When do we collect your personal data?
We collect and process personal data that is provided by you or your organisation to us. This could be (but is not exclusive to) via our website, online and/or paper forms, social media, letter, email or phone when enquiring about our products and services, during correspondence, entering into an agreement with us as a client or supplier, setting up your account, placing and sending orders or during a training course.
The individuals we, or our approved consultant suppliers such as trainers and bookkeepers, collect personal data on can include approved suppliers, client contacts (decision makers, administrators and invoicing contacts), course delegates and trainers.
When providing other individuals’ personal data to Blue Concept Training it is your responsibility to ensure that you have obtained consent from the individuals for Blue Concept Training to collect and process their data.
What sort of personal data do we collect?
For client / supplier contacts the data collected can include name, title, job role, company name, telephone/mobile number, email address, address.
Financial information held for the BACS payment of invoices are your bank name, sort code and account number. Blue Concept Training do not write down or collect credit / debit card information, this is entered direct into the payment terminal at the time of the transaction and is not stored once submitted.
For learners including trainers, we collect information relevant to the training and records required. This can include your name, contact information, gender, date of birth, employer, level of training, passmark and further information as relevant such as copies of first aid certificates, DBS and photographs.
How long do we keep your personal data?
For legal, contractual and audit reasons we keep your data for a reasonable time and as long as the law requires. We keep all course and learner related information indefinitely for future certification and verification purposes.
How do we use and share your personal data?
We use your data legitimately, as might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests. This can include the provision of contracted services to / from you, to administer and coordinate, invoice and make payment, to reply to / make support requests, handle queries and raise issues and to record and certificate training courses and e-learning. It also enables us to review and monitor our suppliers, training delivery, consultancy services, trainers, centres and learner feedback to continuously improve our customer service and products.
Blue Concept Training will not share personal information other than with the individual, client or supplier who provided the information, our employees and trusted third party consultants and sub-contractors (such as trainers, bookkeepers, delivery couriers) or for certificate verification purposes and only with other 3rd parties if required to do so by law.
There are instances where certificate verification can be provided:
• Where a Learner does not have their original Blue Concept Training certificate, members of the public can request verification of a Learner’s certification date and level/s certified. This information can only be provided if the full name and date of birth of the Learner provided by the requesting party matches details held by Blue Concept Training.
• Members of the public can check that a certificate presented to them is valid and has been produced by Blue Concept Training. Upon provision of the details contained in the certificate we will check our records and confirm or not confirm if the certificate is valid and accurate.
• To request verification of certificates please email admin@conflict-training. org providing the first and last name, date of birth and level of training certificates with scans of certificate where available.
There are instances where copies of Learners certificates can be provided:
• Centres who provided the Learners training can request certificate replacements via Blue Concept Training Online.
• Individuals can request copies of their certificates in electronic format.
• Third-party requests for Learner certificate replacements will only be considered with the express permission of the Learner.
• Please email requests for eCertificate copies to admin@conflict-training. org supplying first and last name, date of birth and the level of the training certified. Please also note there is a charge of £5 plus VAT for this service.
How do we process and protect your personal data?
Once received, Blue Concept Training process your data on secure systems:
• Customer Relationship Management system (CRM) – A dedicated web database sited on a secure server;
• Google drive and gmail;
• Blue Concept Training Online (resources and forms accessed via website log ins).
Blue Concept Training have procedures and security measures in place to protect your information from access by unauthorised individuals. Blue Concept Training’s systems are cloud based and are accessed by individual logins that control the level of access of the user. Logins are controlled centrally by Blue Concept Training with only employees, IT support and where relevant the bookkeepers and accountants having access to the back offices.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
When providing information to Blue Concept Training about another person you must ensure you have obtained the appropriate consent from the individuals for their data to be processed by Blue Concept Training and notify them of how that information will be used.
Examples of information provided could include:
• Learners’ information when requesting certificates;
• A colleague’s or third party’s name and email/delivery address when placing orders;
• Notifying us of an incident by completing an incident report;
• Your trainers’ information when booking them on a course.
Helping our partners remain safe